Friday, March 11, 2011

The family that pulls strings

Fifty years ago, a husband and wife founded the much loved Little Angel puppet theatre. But would their talented kids take over? By John-Paul FlintoffA long time ago, in a land far away, there was a little girl who made puppets. "I made them myself," recalls Lyndie Wright. "I filled my mother's oven with papier-mache." One day, a touring puppet company came through Pretoria, in South Africa, where the little girl lived. She went to a show and was spellbound. "There is a picture in the archives somewhere, showing me in the audience," she says.Years later, the puppet company came back. By now, Lyndie was a student at art school, but she joined up to be general dogsbody and went touring through South Africa and neighbouring countries. The man who ran the theatre, John Wright, was older than

Read more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment