Saturday, March 26, 2011

Jonathan Ames: The X-rated Woody Allen

He's depressed, insecure and is crippled by anxiety. He's going bald, has battled with booze and boasts of his sexual inadequacy. He's also the creator of the hottest new show on American TV. So when did it all start to go right for Jonathan Ames?The man tucked away in a smart office in the gigantic New York film studio complex does not look like someone who has hit the big time. He wears a blue beanie hat and sips cautiously on a cup of coffee through a close-cut golden beard. His face bears an expression similar to a rabbit transfixed by the lights of an oncoming car: a mix of fear, surprise and the certainty of onrushing doom. "I don't really recognise success," he says quietly and slowly. "I don't see myself as on an upwardly mobile trajectory. I see myself as on the edge of a

Read more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment