Saturday, March 26, 2011

Call this progress?

Rebecca Asher knew having children meant sacrifice. But why, she wondered, was the sacrifice all hers?Live Q&A: Post your questions for Rebecca Asher, who will be live online on Tuesday 29 MarchThere is a photograph of me holding my son when he is two months old. He is in rude health. His complexion is peachy, his eyes shine with liveliness and curiosity. In contrast, I appear to be in the grip of a life-sapping disease. My skin is sallow and drawn, my cheeks are hollow, my shoulders hunched. A few months later I appraise myself in the landing mirror on the return from a night feed. I still look deathly. My dressing gown is covered in baby snot and nappy cream. My T-shirt, an old Fawcett Society number, is stiff with stale breast milk. I look down. Among the

Read more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment