Monday, April 25, 2011

Beauty amid the sprawl

Colourful, unexpected and refreshing: an urban garden will always soften even the toughest of neighbourhoodsThis is the first spring in several years that isn't marked by the reawakening of the garden in Peckham. It is a curious feeling to be without an established plot and for the tiny arc of treasures that I moved to my Somerset farm to not be in context. I am saved by my studio garden in Waterloo for the time I am in town. I would find it impossible to live in the city without engaging with something living and green and ever-changing in this hostile setting. I went through several steps to work my way up to the garden in Peckham: an alley in Bethnal Green, a roof garden in Bonnington Square and the community garden there we built. But the garden in Peckham

Read more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment