Sunday, May 1, 2011

Theories of Personality

This article discusses conditioning and social learning theory. What are some ways that human cultures differ? How do gender, race, and modernity figure in human culture? An explanation of the various trait theories follows. In relation to the nature-nurture debate, behaviorism focuses on the nature or environment as a main cause of behaviors. From the environment, people learn two types of behaviors: classical and instrumental or operant conditioning. In the first one, creatures associate stimuli that are close in time. In the second one, consequences, which are either rewards or punishments, shape the learning and behaviors. Personally, I am aware that my unconscious makes association at all times and I may be unaware of them for a while. I make sure that my associations or beliefs are

Read more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment