Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lust Vs Love: How Do You Know If It's Real

I'm currently at the age where slowly but surely my friends are getting married. Facebook statuses continue to update with engagements, weddings, and committed relationships. While it seems that everyone around me is taking their next steps into adulthood with ease and pleasure, I remain single. When catching up with old friends after years of distance and they learn of my professional and personal successes, their eyes light up awaiting to hear exciting news of my relationship bliss only to be dimmed when they learn I still have no significant other. I often am asked if I have a boyfriend, to which I'm not sure how to reply. I hate lying but I don't want them to think I am some loser who can't get a guy to stick around. Regardless of who I'm speaking to, I seem to default to "it's

Read more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment