Friday, March 18, 2011

Lucy Mangan: The UK census ? it's just a big box of tricks

I usually love filling out official forms, but the questions on the new census seem designed to do our heads in. It must be some kind of government conspiracy, I tell youNow, I must be honest with you and confess that there is usually absolutely nothing in the world I like more than a bit of form-filling. All those boxes to be ticked, A, B or C options to be chosen? It reminds me of the first sensations of satisfaction at a job well done, gleaned in early maths classes, before teachers started asking you to do bizarre things such as find the area under a graph or care about how many degrees the internal angles of a triangle add up to.But now I am facing the census form, and for one thing it's not a form, it's a book; and for another there is an

Read more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment